We are hiring: Program Officer, Mobility Transformation & Innovation (full-time)
MOBILITY TRANSFORMATION & INNOVATION
About the Trillium Network
The Trillium Network for Advanced Manufacturing produces and disseminates independent and objective data-driven research and analysis to raise awareness of emerging trends in Ontario’s advanced manufacturing ecosystem and plays a lead role in facilitating collaboration among industry stakeholders and ecosystem partners. A non-profit organization located at Western University, the Trillium Network leads collaborations with government, manufacturers, industry associations, education and research institutions, and other like-minded ecosystem partners.
The Program Officer, Mobility Transformation & Innovation, supports the delivery of projects and initiatives related to Ontario’s automotive, electric vehicle (EV), and aerospace manufacturing industries. This role involves tasks such as information-gathering, quantitative and qualitative research, data analysis, planning and executing outreach efforts with relevant stakeholders, and providing support for the organization’s communications activities. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work on impactful projects that support ecosystem partners, such as government agencies and non-profit organizations, in reaching their objectives. These objectives include attracting investments, fostering innovation, and improving workforce diversity. Reporting directly to the Managing Director and collaborating closely with other Trillium Network staff, the Program Officer plays a vital role in the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Conduct in-depth research about the Ontario automotive/EV and aerospace industries. This includes gathering data, analyzing trends, identifying key players, and understanding the Ontario manufacturing landscape.
- Review and interpret collected data to draw meaningful insights about the industries’ current state, growth potential, challenges, and opportunities.
- Maintain accurate records, safeguarding confidentiality as deemed necessary.
- Manage and respond to project-related emails.
- Work closely with team members to prepare and organize materials for meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the preparation of communication products, briefs and position papers to and for various levels of government, and other documents for public consumption
- Be prepared to travel for work within Ontario.
- Perform other operational duties as required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma from a recognized educational institution in a related discipline (such as Economics, Business, Policy Studies, Applied Social Sciences, Geography/GIS, or Engineering). A graduate degree is preferred.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables
- Experience working with and administering databases is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in manufacturing, government, industry associations, or research organizations is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
To succeed in this role, the successful candidate will have:
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of Ontario’s manufacturing sector.
- Sound interpersonal skills, including communication, organization, and professional judgment.
- Attention to detail and ability to re-prioritize different workstreams.
- Ability to work in teams and independently, with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize Microsoft Office and Google Workspace products.
We offer a hybrid work arrangement, a competitive salary commensurate with experience (minimum $55,000), and a benefits package. This position is a 12-month appointment that is expected to commence by October 2023, with the potential for renewal upon completion of the initial term.
This role involves occasional travel within Ontario, and the selected candidate must be prepared to work from our London offices as required.
We are committed to inclusion and diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. To apply, please email a one-page cover letter and your resume, clearly stating the position title in the subject line, to jobs(at)trilliummfg.ca. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require any accommodations during any stage of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.