We Are Hiring: Program Officer (Full-Time)
Program Officer (Full-Time)
About the Trillium Network
The Trillium Network for Advanced Manufacturing is a provincially-funded non-profit organization that raises public and investor awareness of Ontario’s advanced manufacturing ecosystem in order to support growth and improve competitiveness. Our offices are located at Western University in London, Ontario. Staff work closely with all levels of government, industry associations, manufacturers, educational institutions, and other like-minded partners.
The Program Officer (PO) supports the effective delivery of projects and initiatives related to Ontario manufacturing and the organization’s operations. This includes information-gathering, quantitative and qualitative research, planning and conducting outreach with relevant stakeholders, and supporting the organization’s communications and marketing activities. The PO reports to the Managing Director and works closely with other Trillium staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate may engage in any or all of the following activities:
- Reviews company websites, business directories, public reports and other online resources according to the organization’s data quality control guidelines to review and update information about manufacturing establishments in Ontario in a QGIS database.
- Contributes to company profiles, thematic reports, presentations, and other research-based materials disseminated by the organization on our website, social media platforms, and at events.
- Attend relevant events in Ontario on behalf of the Trillium Network to develop and deepen relationships with partners and to grow the network.
- Interview and consult with Ontario manufacturing companies and stakeholders, and prepare written content based on that information.
- Work closely with the Trillium Network team to prepare and organize materials for meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the organization’s communications and marketing activities under the direction of the organization’s Communications and Marketing team.
- Help update and maintain the Trillium Network websites.
- Manage and respond to project-related emails.
- Maintain accurate records, safeguarding confidentiality as necessary.
- Be prepared to work from our offices in London and to travel for work within Ontario.
- Fulfill other operational duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma from a recognized educational institution in a related discipline (such as Economics, Geography/GIS, Business, Policy Studies, Applied Social Sciences, or Engineering). A graduate degree is preferred.
- Experience working with and administering databases is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in manufacturing, government, industry associations, or research organizations is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of Ontario’s manufacturing sector.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sound interpersonal skills including communication, organization, and professional judgement.
- Attention to detail and ability to re-prioritize different workstreams.
- Ability to work in teams, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize Microsoft Office and Google Workspace products.
- Ability to travel within Ontario and occasionally to the organization’s offices at Western in London.
We offer a hybrid work arrangement, an annual salary starting at $55,000 that is commensurate with experience, and a benefits package. This is a 12 month appointment that is expected to commence no later than October 2022, with the potential for renewal upon completion of the initial term.
We are committed to inclusion and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Please email a one-page cover letter and resume, indicating the position title you are applying for in the subject line, to email@example.com no later than September 1, 2022. Only those invited for an interview will be contacted. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of any required accommodations needed.