Trillium is pleased to announce the release of TrilliumGIS.
TrilliumGIS is an easily accessible online application that connects investors, suppliers, education institutions, and business developers in the province to enhance the growth of the manufacturing sector. Similar tools have been in use in Mexico and the U.S. for some time, and have provided a competitive advantage in servicing investment decision makers.
“TrilliumGIS will provide the critical information needed by firms, researchers, students and investors to understand Ontario’s manufacturing landscape. It’s a decision-making tool designed specifically to help manufacturing grow in Ontario.”
– Ray Tanguay, Auto Advisor to the Governments of Ontario and Canada
TrilliumGIS is open for business today at trilliumgis.ca. The application is free and contains information on over 20,000 Ontario firms in the manufacturing sector. The database is provided by Scott’s Directories, with some additions from other partner organizations. Trillium will update the directory and enhance the performance of the tool every six months. In the meantime, you can familiarize yourself with the tool through this video.
Who will use the app and what can they do?
- Foreign and domestic investors looking to establish their business in Ontario will be able to see transportation infrastructure, potential suppliers and educational institutions within specific geographic areas
- Existing manufacturers and suppliers can use the application to locate each other and seek new business partnerships
- Firms and prospective workers in the manufacturing sector will be able to see which educational institutions provide what type of learning and research
- Investors will be able to more easily connect with regional and municipal economic development agencies to get more detail about the support programs in a specific region including investment support programs, land availability and local business services
All users can see regional labour data, search within a geographic boundary, and generate reports
If your company is not in the database please provide data to email@example.com. There is no charge to have your information entered into the directory.
Trillium encourages all prospective users to test the tool today. We would appreciate any comments you have so that future upgrades can make this an increasingly valuable tool to grow our manufacturing sector. Please direct all comments about the TrilliumGIS tool to firstname.lastname@example.org. To stay updated with TrilliumGIS, visit www.trilliummfg.ca and follow us on Twitter at @TrilliumMfg.
We look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy using TrilliumGIS!