The Trillium Network for Advanced Manufacturing is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the growth of Ontario manufacturing. Established in 2015 and located at Western University, Trillium staff work with partner organizations to raise awareness of Ontario’s advanced manufacturing industry and ecosystem.
We are seeking to hire student research assistants to support our activities. Research assistants will be supervised by the Managing Director and will work closely with the Program Officer. Ideal candidates will have exceptional writing and research capabilities. Experience with GIS, databases, and graphic design are also assets. Those with knowledge of industries such as automotive and aerospace manufacturing, food and beverage manufacturing (including breweries and wineries), and tooling/production equipment manufacturing will be given special consideration. Graduate and undergraduate students from all disciplines and faculties are welcome to apply, although we prioritize candidates with backgrounds in economics, geography, business, and engineering.
Duties may include:
- Writing blog posts and company profiles;
- Analyzing government policies designed to support manufacturing;
- Collecting and analyzing business and trade data;
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to write clearly and concisely with minimal revision;
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Proficiency in Word/Docs; Excel/Sheets; PowerPoint/Slides;
- Efficiency and accuracy in data collection and analysis.
Start Date and Compensation
- Hourly pay starting at $20. Start date negotiable.
To apply send a one-page resume to email@example.com. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.