Breaking out of the Canadian bubble: why exporting is a critical strategy

PHOTO: Maersk Group

TORONTO—The Canadian market is small, very small. In fact, it accounts for only 1.5 per cent of the world’s economy. For ambitious executives, the other 98.5 per cent is out there, waiting to be explored.

“If you’re in Canada, you’re experiencing low or modest domestic growth. If you’re looking to aggressively expand your business, and if you’re looking for growth, you’re not going to find it through general economic activity here (in Canada). You’re going to have to find it in other places,” said Mitchell Osak, managing director of Strategic Advisory Services at Grant Thornton.

Read more on CanadianManufacturing.com

Scroll to Top